ACI Connection Problem

dishmaster
HI Guys,

I am pretty nooby at using Linux systems and the like so please bear with me if I am asking silly question. (as they say if you don't ask you don't learn)

Right here it goes:

I am using SDK3.0 for ACI remote connection. I have the paired wireless FT232 usb-serial connected to my laptop. Before connecting it I followed the instructions and installed the drivers from the website. (also allowed non-root access and created a symbolic link to the object)

When I connect it up and do lsusb in terminal i get the following:

yudhish@dish:~/uav/AscTec_SDK_v3.0$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 003 Device 004: ID 045e:00cb Microsoft Corp. Basic Optical Mouse v2.0
Bus 003 Device 006: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 USB-Serial (UART) IC
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 04ca:300b Lite-On Technology Corp.
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 1bcf:2c17 Sunplus Innovation Technology Inc.

From this i take it that the device is working properly.

as for my coding I followed the instructions showed in "http://wiki.asctec.de/display/AR/Install+and+Setup+ACI" and for my sdk.c i included the following code:

 aciSyncVar();
 aciSyncCmd();
 aciSyncPar();
 aciEngine();

Now when i try to run the AscTec ACI Tool and connect to device I get error can not open device. I also have by RC controller on and switch to serial communication.

Can someone please help me with this?

Re: ACI Connection Problem

Daniel D
Hi,

I got the same problem. Did you fix it?

Re: ACI Connection Problem

libo456
Daniel D wrote
Hi,

I got the same problem. Did you fix it?
The problem is that in Linux you need permissions to access ttyUSB, so, in the command window type "sudo" (if you are using Ubuntu) before typing the command to start the program, then, the line would be: $ sudo ./asctec-aci-tool

Best regards.