AScTec SDK 3.0 installation on D:\ instead of C:\ hard disk

AScTec SDK 3.0 installation on D:\ instead of C:\ hard disk

Karima
Hello everyone,

I just started to use the AscTec SDK. I have installed the AscTec SDK 3.0 on the D:\ hard disk and specified the workspace folder. When running "OpenOCD Asctec-JTAG" to flash the HL, the folowing error message is shown:

the file does not exist for the external tool named OpenOCD Asctec-JTAG.    org.eclipse.ui.externaltools

Did someone have the same problem? Please help me!

Karima.

Re: AScTec SDK 3.0 installation on D:\ instead of C:\ hard disk

dwenhcil
try to use serial port to flash it...

Re: AScTec SDK 3.0 installation on D:\ instead of C:\ hard disk

Karima
Hi,

I solved this problem, I changed the directory in the "OpenOCD Asctec-JTAG.launch" file.
Now, I got the following errors when I use JTAG programmer for Asctec Mastermind.

Info:    openocd.c:92 main(): Open On-Chip Debugger (2007-08-10 22:30 CEST)
Error:   jtag.c:1253 jtag_examine_chain(): JTAG communication failure, check connection, JTAG interface, target power etc.
Error:   jtag.c:1440 jtag_init(): trying to validate configured JTAG chain anyway...
Error:   jtag.c:1346 jtag_validate_chain(): Error validating JTAG scan chain, IR mismatch, scan returned 0x3f
Error:   jtag.c:1346 jtag_validate_chain(): Error validating JTAG scan chain, IR mismatch, scan returned 0x3f
Error:   jtag.c:1346 jtag_validate_chain(): Error validating JTAG scan chain, IR mismatch, scan returned 0x3f
Error:   jtag.c:1346 jtag_validate_chain(): Error validating JTAG scan chain, IR mismatch, scan returned 0x3f
Error:   jtag.c:1346 jtag_validate_chain(): Error validating JTAG scan chain, IR mismatch, scan returned 0x3f
Error:   jtag.c:1346 jtag_validate_chain(): Error validating JTAG scan chain, IR mismatch, scan returned 0x3f
Error:   jtag.c:1448 jtag_init(): Could not validate JTAG chain, exit

Can someone help me ?

I really don't know if I have to switch on the Pelican (mastermind) when flashing the HL.

Please help ?

Greeting
Karima

Re: AScTec SDK 3.0 installation on D:\ instead of C:\ hard disk

tarek
Yes I would recommend using the serial connector. I ran into similar problems using the JTAG connector.

Re: AScTec SDK 3.0 installation on D:\ instead of C:\ hard disk

AshisIITD
hey...i am currently facing the same problem...i read that ppl have suggested using the serial port...but i'm not sure about it...did you try using the serial port with any success?

Re: AScTec SDK 3.0 installation on D:\ instead of C:\ hard disk

tarek
Yes I have used the serial port multiple times. The JTAG connector never worked for me.