Asctec SDK 3.0 and Simulink toolkit

Debondo
This post was updated on .
Hi,
I am trying to flash the HLP with Simulink code but I got the following output in the Eclipse debugger console:

----------------------------------
target remote localhost:3333
0x00007db8 in main () at main.c:145
145      if(mainloop_trigger)
monitor sleep 500
monitor poll
target state: halted
target halted in ARM state due to debug request, current mode: User
cpsr: 0x60000010 pc: 0x00007db8
monitor flash probe 0
flash 'lpc2000' found at 0x00000000
monitor flash erase 0 0 13
erased sectors 0 through 13 on flash bank 0 in 0s 116000us
monitor flash write 0 main.bin 0x0
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Reply contains invalid hex digit 116
monitor reset run
monitor sleep 500
monitor soft_reset_halt
requesting target halt and executing a soft reset
monitor arm7_9 force_hw_bkpts enable
force hardware breakpoints enabled
symbol-file main.elf
thbreak main
Hardware assisted breakpoint 1 at 0x7d5c: file main.c, line 116.
continue
main () at main.c:116
116  init();
---------------------------------------

And the code is not flashed on the HLP.
The SDK and Matlab file are the clean version available on the download page.
I searched the forum but could not find a solution the suits my problem.
The code compile correctly so I don't know if this is a problem of Eclipse or something other. I thought to test it flashing the HLP from Linux. Is it possible or the use of Simulink toolkit requires Eclipse?

Edit:

I tried to flash the HLP with Linux and it works . Still I do not understand why it does not work with Eclipse .
I have another question : the Simulink toolkit works with the ACI ? If yes there is some change I have to do in the SDK?

Thanks

Re: Asctec SDK 3.0 and Simulink toolkit

Zdenek Boucek
Hi,

I have experience that sometimes it takes a while until the HLP is flashed (usually it slows in 27%). Did you looked into debug interface of Eclipse (maybe it was completed, but Eclipse didn't switch the interface automatically)?

I think that there is not a problem with flashing from Linux with use of Simulink toolkit. You can use compiled file main.bin from windows or it is possible to compile it with parameter (I don't remember it, it was ...="Matlab". It should be somewhere in eclipse or makefile). Guide for flashing on linux without eclipse is on the asctec wiki.

[...]

http://asctec-users.986163.n3.nabble.com/Asctec-SDK-3-0-and-Simulink-toolkit-tp4024924.html
To unsubscribe from asctec-users, click here.
NAML

Re: Asctec SDK 3.0 and Simulink toolkit

Debondo
Thanks for the reply.
From my tests compile with Eclipse and then flash with Linux works . I still get the error with Eclipse debugger. Eclipse switch to the debugger interface after the console output I posted, but the HLP is not flashed and I can't resume the process due to the error.

I got also solved the interaction between Simulink and Aci, but I have strange transmission rates. Every 3 or 4 packets the next one takes several sec to be sent.
Someone experienced a similar issue?

Re: Asctec SDK 3.0 and Simulink toolkit

Debondo
Hello,
I solved the problem with Eclipse, there were missing dlls for SDK 3.0 as it is also written in the download page, my fault that I had not read. I copy them in the SDK folder and now it works perfectly.
Continuing to work I encountered another problem with Simulink, it seems that can not be inserted in the model a S-Function written in C.
Matlab builds the project without errors but then Eclipse shows an error of missing libraries, like SymsStruct. I tried to insert it manually but the list of libraries to add seems very long and I do not know if it is the best way to enter them manually.
I was wondering if any of you have already faced the problem and can give me some advice.
Thank you

Re: Asctec SDK 3.0 and Simulink toolkit

carlosma
Hey guys, I am also trying to use the Simulink Toolkit with the AscTec Firefly with v3.16 firmware. The performance of the HLP seems to be intermittent: sometimes I can receive data from the UART mdl, sometimes I don't. Do I have to downgrade my firmware to the 2012 version? Thanks.