Asctec SDK + Pseudo speed

Xisco
I'm using the Asctec SDK to implement my own version of a velocity-based control.

Now, I'd like to use the pseudo speeds stored in the IMU_CalcData  to know when the vehicle velocities are 0. From the main.h:

//pseudo speed measurements: integrated accelerations, pulled towards zero; & !units unknown; used for short-term position stabilization
    int speed_x;
    int speed_y;
    int speed_z;

The thing is that these fileds are always 0. Searching through the SDK codes I found the function SSP_data_distribution_HL in LL_HL_comm.cpp that fills some fields of IMU_CalcData but do not fills the pseudo speeds.

Can somebody give me some hint about how to obtain this data? Do I need to modify the sdk code to ask for this to the LL processor?

Re: Asctec SDK + Pseudo speed

MarkusAchtelik
Not sure which version of the sdk you use, but it's safer (and recommended I think) to use only the variables in the global RO_RC_Data struct

As the comment said, this is meant for short term stabilization, so I'm not sure how far you would get with this for velocity control.
Markus

From: "Xisco [via asctec-users]" <[hidden email]>
Date: Monday 22 December 2014 10:01
To: Markus Achtelik <[hidden email]>
Subject: Asctec SDK + Pseudo speed

I'm using the Asctec SDK to implement my own version of a velocity-based control.

Now, I'd like to use the pseudo speeds stored in the IMU_CalcData  to know when the vehicle velocities are 0. From the main.h:

//pseudo speed measurements: integrated accelerations, pulled towards zero; & !units unknown; used for short-term position stabilization
    int speed_x;
    int speed_y;
    int speed_z;

The thing is that these fileds are always 0. Searching through the SDK codes I found the function SSP_data_distribution_HL in LL_HL_comm.cpp that fills some fields of IMU_CalcData but do not fills the pseudo speeds.

Can somebody give me some hint about how to obtain this data? Do I need to modify the sdk code to ask for this to the LL processor?

http://asctec-users.986163.n3.nabble.com/Asctec-SDK-Pseudo-speed-tp4024767.html
To start a new topic under asctec-users, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from asctec-users, click here.
NAML