Cable between UART1 and XBee module

edgar.arroyo
Hello

We are triying to connect the /dev/ttyUSB1 port of the Atomboard to an XBee module so we assemble our own cable.
The cable we made (XBee -> Atomboard) has the following connection:

                     1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10
Atomboard      b     a          c                           d     e
XBee              a     b    c    d    e

But it doesn't work, we are not sure that the cable has the correct configuration or if we have a problem reading the /dev/ttyUSB1 port of the Atomboard.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Best regards

Re: Cable between UART1 and XBee module

andre@asctec
Hi Edgar,

you are likely to run into a power supply issue here. The XBee must be powered with 5V on pin 5. The 10pin Atomboard connection does not provide power to the XBee.
If you want to use an XBee on the Atomboard, I recommend to either use a direct USB connection (with an USB XBee of course) or use the AscTec USB<->serial adapter in between. The adapter provides the power to the XBee.

Cheers,
Andre
Andre Ryll
AscTec Application Engineer