Can't connect with JTAG

Giacomo
Hello,
I have an AscTec Pellican, and I'm trying to install the SDK from Windows 8.1. When I plug the it in I get the following error:

Info:    openocd.c:92 main(): Open On-Chip Debugger (2007-08-10 22:30 CEST)
Error:   ft2232.c:1339 ft2232_init_ftd2xx(): unable to open ftdi device: 2
Error:   ft2232.c:1354 ft2232_init_ftd2xx(): ListDevices: 1

Error:   ft2232.c:1356 ft2232_init_ftd2xx(): 0: FT232R USB UART

Someone can help me?

Cordially
Giacomo

Re: Can't connect with JTAG

andre@asctec
We already solved this issue via email. Here is the summary for everyone:

The problem was the usage of the AscTec USB Adapter instead of the AscTec JTAG Adapter. The HL cannot be debugged via the serial-USB adapter. Only the JTAG Adapter can be used.
Andre Ryll
AscTec Application Engineer

Re: Can't connect with JTAG

Khalid
I'm getting the error message:

Error:   ft2232.c:1339 ft2232_init_ftd2xx(): unable to open ftdi device: 2

I'm using JTAG adapter that came along with my Firefly. Moreover, my Device Manager (Windows 8.1) is showing that drivers for USB JTAG are not installed properly.

Can someone help me out with this error?

Re: Can't connect with JTAG

David
I'm having the same problem with Windows 10.
Seems like the JTAG drivers do not work with windows 10 since I have exactly the same setup with a Win 8.1 computer and everything works.

Any news on where we can get updated drivers? There is no clue on the JTAG dongle as to which is the original manufacturer of the chip...

Re: Can't connect with JTAG

David
I meant it works on Win 7. I have not tested in a Win 8.1 computer.

Re: Can't connect with JTAG

andre@asctec
I am running the tools on Windows 8.1 and it works fine. Unfortunately, we do not yet have a Windows 10 here to test it.
If the driver is not properly installed, try to update the drivers in the device manager manually and point it to the "JTAG/oocd_link_treiber" subfolder in your AscTec_ARM_SDK installation folder. It is known that Windows tends to refuse this driver due to a missing signature. Please search for "Disable Windows Driver Signature Enforcement" for a tutorial on how to temporarily disable this check. Then you should be able to install the driver.
Andre Ryll
AscTec Application Engineer

Re: Can't connect with JTAG

David
Disabling the driver signature requirement and pointing the device manager to look for drivers on the  "JTAG/oocd_link_treiber" folder worked. Thanks