Cannot open device (ACI tool)

libo456
Hello.

I am trying to use the ACI Tool to check if my UAV is propertly connected to my PC (Ubuntu), I am using the AscTec USB-adapter to connect the HL Serial 0 and my PC. When I run the ACI Tool I am asked to type the device number (/dev/ttyUSBX), so I type: 0 because after plugging it and typing "dmesg" in the termal, it says that the device is attached to ttyUSB0. Nevertheless, ACI tool says "Error: Cannot open device". I have tried it using many numbers (from 0 to 9 and even 000, 001, and so on), but none of them could be opened. On the other hand, I don't have such problem in Windows (in a different PC), but I need an apropiated connection using Linux in order to easily test the ACI Remote (I have already executed the tutorials 1 and 2, but nothing happened).

Any help will be much appreciated.

Best regards.

Re: Cannot open device (ACI tool)

andre@asctec
Hi,

please make sure that your user is in the "dialout" group. Otherwise, you don't have permissions to access the ttyUSB0 device.
You can check in which groups you are simply by typing "groups".

Cheers,
Andre
Andre Ryll
AscTec Application Engineer

andre@asctec wrote
Hi,

please make sure that your user is in the "dialout" group. Otherwise, you don't have permissions to access the ttyUSB0 device.
You can check in which groups you are simply by typing "groups".

Cheers,
Andre
Hi Andre.

Thank you for your answer, I already could test the tutorials, all I had to do was typing "sudo" before starting the program.

Best regards.