Connecting a Hokuyo UTM-30LX to Asctec Firefly

Eli

Connecting a Hokuyo UTM-30LX to Asctec Firefly

Eli
Has anyone managed to connect a Hokuyo UTM-30LX to the Asctec Firefly? It needs a steady 12V supply, but I'm not sure where that is on the AutoPilot board. I have not yet found any clear Firefly documentation that helped with this.

Thanks for your responses

Re: Connecting a Hokuyo UTM-30LX to Asctec Firefly

djanthony
I haven't tried the UTM-30LX, but yesterday I connected a UBG-04LX-F01 to a Firefly and it functioned correctly in my limited testing. I connected straight to the unregulated 12V supply that normally goes to the Mastermind.

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 4:04 AM, Eli [via asctec-users] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Has anyone managed to connect a Hokuyo UTM-30LX to the Asctec Firefly? It needs a steady 12V supply, but I'm not sure where that is on the AutoPilot board. I have not yet found any clear Firefly documentation that helped with this.

Thanks for your responses

http://asctec-users.986163.n3.nabble.com/Connecting-a-Hokuyo-UTM-30LX-to-Asctec-Firefly-tp4024676.html
To start a new topic under asctec-users, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from asctec-users, click here.
NAML

Re: Connecting a Hokuyo UTM-30LX to Asctec Firefly

andre@asctec
To clarify this. The Hokuyo UTM-30LX works well if you connect it directly to the battery power. This is also our standard connection for powering the laser scanner.

This also works with the Hokuyo URG-04LX, UST-10LX and UST-20LX.
Andre Ryll
AscTec Application Engineer