Enabling serial interface to HLP without Futaba

Sam

Enabling serial interface to HLP without Futaba

Sam
How do I enable the serial interface to the HLP without a linked Futaba controller? If that's not possible, how can I pair it with an existing Futaba controller?

Details:
On my Pelican I have an onboard FitPC connected to the HLP over serial. The FitPC is running asctec_mav_framework with ROS Hydro, and I can get gps/imu data back. If I try to start the motors with "rosrun asctec_hl_interface ctrl_test motors 1", I get the warning "switching motors on timed out".

The /fcu/status topic tells me that "serial_interface_enabled" and "serial_interface_active" are both False; I assume that's my problem. I don't necessarily need a radio controller (technically); can I enable the serial interface manually?

If that's not possible, how can I connect a Futaba controller to it? I have several lying around, but don't have any of asctec's software. Also, I'd like to avoid needing to use Windows if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Enabling serial interface to HLP without Futaba

andre@asctec
Hi Sam,

it is absolutely required to have a connected RC for using the flight system. Keep in mind that there must always be a safety pilot who can take over manual control if something goes wrong with your experiments.
There is no way to enable serial control other than via the RC.
You can find how to bind a RC to your Pelican here: http://wiki.asctec.de/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=2818144

Regards
Andre
Andre Ryll