HL Firmware update on Mastermind

Alex Albore
Hi all,

I would really like to start using my firefly drone by updating the firmware with the one provided by the asctec_mav_framework, but I have no idea from where to start.
The documentation seems to be well done for the Atomboard (at least it is half clear where to plug the 6-pins USB connector), but nothing is said for the Mastermind. Should I use any USB port to update the firmware? I plan to use lpc21isp (http://sourceforge.net/projects/lpc21isp/) which seems more straightforward than Flash magic tools under Wine.

Anyone can point me toward a basic tutorial/documentation with pictures for total beginners (as I am)?

Thanks a lot!
 Alex

Re: HL Firmware update on Mastermind

andre@asctec
Hi Alex,

you can also update the firmware of the HLP by using the JTAG adapter. The procedure is descibed here: http://wiki.asctec.de/display/AR/SDK+Setup+for+Linux

You can plug in the JTAG adapter to any USB port at the AscTec Mastermind.

Unfortunately, I have no experience with the lpc21isp tool and therefore cannot give you any guidance. I usually take Flash Magic or the JTAG adapter.

Cheers,
Andre
Andre Ryll
AscTec Application Engineer

Re: HL Firmware update on Mastermind

Alex Albore
Thanks for your kind answer Andre.

JTAG adapterI managed to flash the firmware using the JTAG plugged as explained in this thread, or in the picture below that I post for future beginners' questions, circled in red. I then followed the instructions you pointed me at, using openocd.

Installing and running the Asctec HL interface has been adventurous as well, but eventually it worked (and without recompiling the kernel!).

Cheers,
Alex
Where to plug the JTAG adapter.