Quantcast

Hi Speed vs. Full Speed on the Atom proc. board

Tom

Hi Speed vs. Full Speed on the Atom proc. board

Tom

Good morning,

     I discovered this morning that USB ports 7 and 8 on the Atom processor board only seem to recognize Hi Speed (480Mb/s) connections, like the uEye cameras, and not Full Speed devices like the Hokoyu laser scanner.  I just finished installing Ubuntu 10.04LTS, and I haven't touched the BIOS.

     Has this happened to anyone else?  My Hokuyo cable is designed to plug into P7, and changing that would be pain.

Thanks,

-tba

Re: Hi Speed vs. Full Speed on the Atom proc. board

Renzo
Hi Tom,

yes P7 and P8 support only usb 2.0 devices see:
http://www.asctec.de/assets/Downloads/Manuals/CoreExpressCarrierboardmanualv10.pdf

section 1.2.1

cheers
Renzo
Tom

Re: Hi Speed vs. Full Speed on the Atom proc. board

Tom

Thanks.  It would seem the USB2.0 spec is a bit unclear on the "full" vs. "high" speed issue, since the lidar claims to use a USB2.0 Full Speed interface.  It's possible Hokuyo's wrong about their chipset, but could this be a Linux driver issue?

Thanks again,

-Tom