How to send external commands to the ESCs

How to send external commands to the ESCs

Luczia
This post was updated on .
Hi!

        My team would like to drive some of the ESCs and thus the motors of a Pelican through an external ┬Ácontroller or DSP.

        I believe the ESCs are driven in I2C but I didn't find much more information about them. Do you have any datasheet or instruction which could explain how to handle the communications with ESC's IC (address, register, variables...).

Also is there any other way to communicate with ESCs such as Serial or PPM ?

Thanks,

Lucas

Re: How to send external commands to the ESCs

andre@asctec
Hi Lucas,

you are right, the ESCs are controlled via an I2C communication connection.
We plan to release some basic documentation for controlling the ESCs in the near future. Nevertheless, for the initial setup of the ESCs (assigning IDs etc.), you will still require an AutoPilot board.

There is no other way for the control like Serial or PPM.

Cheers,
Andre
Andre Ryll
AscTec Application Engineer