IMU Calc data

CSLalex
Hello everyone,

I would like to know wether the angular velocities and accelerations aqcuired from the IMU_CALCDATA structure are reffered to the body fixed frame or inertial. Same question goes for the commands comming from the RC. Is yaw rate (attitude control) reffering to r variable in the body fixed frame?

Re: IMU Calc data

userhummingbird
Hello CSLalex,
If you check the simulink model "onboard_matab.mdl", (http://wiki.asctec.de/display/AR/Simulink+Toolkit+Downloads) in the block "Signal_Mapping_IMU", you will see 18 signals with the name of the data on the right side.

According to me with the simulink model, IMU provide after data fusion:
-Angular velocities are p,q,r (body frame). Body Frame is coordinate system right handed with the z axis to down.
-Angular accelerations there is no data provided.
-Lineal velocities are in Inertial Frame ONED (North East Down): speed NS. speed EW, height dot.
-Lineal accelerations are in body frame.

Remote Commands are in Body Frame. I dont understand your last question, what is r variable?
More info here:
http://wiki.asctec.de/display/AR/List+of+all+predefined+variables%2C+commands+and+parameters

If I am wrong please let me know!

Cheers

Re: IMU Calc data

CSLalex
This post was updated on .
Thank you! I will check the simulink model! By r I mean the angular velocity in the body frame (zB). At asctec wiki in the Height mode it is stated that yaw stick represents yaw rate. I am asking wether this input is in the inertial frame or if it is in the body frame (representing r from (p,q,r) variables).