Issue on sending mav_ctrl commands through ROS on pelican
After many tries, I did not manage to control the drone through ROS and call upon your help.
I tried every type of mav_ctrl command type( 1: acceleration, 2: velocity,3:position) and never succeeded to have a reaction on the drone.
Here is the Atomboard setup:
- Ubuntu 12.04
- ROS hydro
- asctec_mav_framework and ethzasl_msf (fcu.launch runs apparently flawlessly)
- a ROS NETWORK enabled with a ground base PC for data monitoring
For my test, I ensured that :
- motors are running at low throttle
- “serial interface enabled” AND “serial interface Active” remains at ON (monitored with the windows Autopilot).
- every topics are mapped correctly
- fcu.launch is running
I do publish : -a poseWithCovariance on fcu/pose at 10 Hz and its corresponding tf
-a mav_state on fcu/state at 100 Hz and its corresponding tf
-a mav_ctrl on fcu/control at 10Hz with arbitrary target coordinates.
The pelican do not react (neither through mav_ctrl message or waypoint serveur/client)
So Here come my question : Even if my state or pose were deffective, the following configuration should bypass the estimation and the pelican should try to move, right?
- state_estimation = Extern
- position_control = off
- sending arbitrary target coordinates in mav_ctrl message with type = 1
So, did I miss any parameter to enable control of the pelican from ROS mav_ctrl messages ?
Do anyone has example of a working mav_ctrl message publisher and the configuration (yaml files) of fcu?
I would greatly appreciate your help on this issue!!
Re: Issue on sending mav_ctrl commands through ROS on pelican
Yes, the sticks of the RC were centered.
We found the problem: the firmware on the HLP was not updated to the last version.
To update, follow the tutorial on this link: [http://wiki.asctec.de/display/AR/SDK+Setup+for+Linux ] Ethzasl's custom firmware can be found in the firmware folder of asctec_mav_framework on github ).