Pelican position control using asctec_mav_framework

Pelican position control using asctec_mav_framework

asadat
Hi,
I am trying to control the pelican using the SSDK pose estimation available in asctec_mav_framework. I need it to work outdoors. However, as far as I understood, SSDK estimation needs pose inputs from some external positioning system (e.g ptam). Since visual SLAM is always probable to fail due to low texture in the scene, is there a way to use SSDK without any pose input?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Abbas

Re: Pelican position control using asctec_mav_framework

MarkusAchtelik
Hi,

You will need some pose input, otherwise the whole thing doesn’t make much sense. If you want to use multiple sensors in order to deal with failures, you could have a look here: https://github.com/ethz-asl/ethzasl_msf/wiki .

Best, Markus

Von: "asadat [via asctec-users]" <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
Datum: Thursday 13 March 2014 18:38
An: Markus Achtelik <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
Betreff: Pelican position control using asctec_mav_framework

Hi,
I am trying to control the pelican using the SSDK pose estimation available in asctec_mav_framework. I need it to work outdoors. However, as far as I understood, SSDK estimation needs pose inputs from some external positioning system (e.g ptam). Since visual SLAM is always probable to fail due to low texture in the scene, is there a way to use SSDK without any pose input?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Abbas

NAML<
http://asctec-users.986163.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>