Powering motors on and off

IvanDryanovski
Administrator
Hi everyone,

Is there a way to turn the motors on and off using the serial
interface? Setting the thrust in CTRL_INPUT to 0 seems to set the
motors to their "idle" state. I am aware that there is an e-stop
command for the motors - “>*>me” - but as far as I understand, that
puts the Pelcian in emergency mode, requires restarting the vehicle.

Thanks,
Ivan

Re: Powering motors on and off

bouffard
Hi Ivan,

When serial enable is set, the pitch, roll, yaw rate and thrust
commands from the serial interface seem to be interpreted by the
autopilot the same as if they were coming from the RC transmitter. So
if you send zero thrust and full left (or right) yaw then that will
toggle the motors on/off. You can use the value of the flying field
from LL_STATUS to determine whether the motors are already running or
not. Something like this is done in asctec_adapter.cpp:505-515 (just
for good measure--it also sends the e-stop).

hth,

Pat