Problem running OpenOCD in Eclipse

dishmaster
Hi all,

Apologies in advance  because I am very new to using a linux system and dont know a great deal about it yet. I am using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

I want to run OpenOCD via eclipse but everytime I build the project and go to run it I get the following error:

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.5.0 (2011-12-03-10:15)
Licensed under GNU GPL v2
For bug reports, read
        http://openocd.berlios.de/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
Info : only one transport option; autoselect 'jtag'
5 kHz
RCLK - adaptive
adapter_nsrst_delay: 200
jtag_ntrst_delay: 200
trst_and_srst srst_pulls_trst srst_gates_jtag trst_push_pull srst_open_drain
fast memory access is enabled
dcc downloads are enabled
Error: unable to open ftdi device: inappropriate permissions on device!
in procedure 'init'

I know I have to create a file in the rules.d folder with the following contents: SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0403",ATTRS{idProduct}=="baf8",MODE="664",GROUP="plugdev"

Which I have done so and named it 60-openocd.rules, but this doesnt seem to have solved the issue.

Can anyone help me with this? Am I doing something wrong?

Re: Problem running OpenOCD in Eclipse

MarkusAchtelik
Hi,

Is your user in the group plugdev?
Did you unplug - reboot - plug in? Alternatively unplug - sudo service udev reload - plug in.
You should also check the permissions on /dev/bus/usb/00x/00y , where the group plugdev should appear. You find x and y with lsusb.

From: "dishmaster [via asctec-users]" <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
Date: Monday 21 April 2014 8:31
To: Markus Achtelik <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
Subject: Problem running OpenOCD in Eclipse

[...]

NAML<
http://asctec-users.986163.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>