Re: [asctec_mav_framework] Override RC flight mode and stick position

Re: [asctec_mav_framework] Override RC flight mode and stick position

MarkusAchtelik

From: "sfolgar [via asctec-users]"
Date: Thursday 19 November 2015 18:21
To: Markus Achtelik
Subject: [asctec_mav_framework] Override RC flight mode and stick position

Hi,

as described in the tutorial, there are two requirements to the stick/switch positions in order to fly through waypoints using the asctec_mav_framework:

  • Flight mode switch "gps".
  • Sticks at center position.

We were wondering if it would be possible to modify the asctec_mav_framework to accept waypoints regardless the RC current stick/switch configuration, i.e. assume it is always centered and in GPS position.

Skimming over the code, we didn't see any reference to this condition, so we suppose it is buried inside the ssdk.a.

The only thing that comes to our mind is to modify the loop that reads LL RC data to add our own logic.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Sergio

http://asctec-users.986163.n3.nabble.com/asctec-mav-framework-Override-RC-flight-mode-and-stick-position-tp4024901.html
To start a new topic under asctec-users, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from asctec-users, click here.
NAML

Re: [asctec_mav_framework] Override RC flight mode and stick position

sfolgar

Thank you very much Markus. We tried this approach and it worked perfectly!

For the sake of completeness. We also modified the functions sendStatus and sendRcData. The former has to be modified in order to set the correct flight mode (calculated from the channel[5] values). The latter was modified because the plot from the /fcu/rcdata topic shown random peaks. We assumed it was caused by new LL packets overwriting our custom values in the RO_RC_Data structure before sending it to the ROS node.

Sergio