Setting to allow Hummingbird to flip without motors shutting off.

Setting to allow Hummingbird to flip without motors shutting off.

Levi Amen
Hello, I'm a new user to the AscTec Hummingbird and I'm working on a project that requires the drone to flip. The major difficulty I'm dealing with is that the drone automatically shuts off when tilted more than 90 degrees from horizontal. I was wondering what setting I could change to allow the drone to flip 360 degrees without the motors turning off. Thanks!

Re: Setting to allow Hummingbird to flip without motors shutting off.

andre@asctec
Hi Levi,

the automatic motor off feature is always active in attitude or higher control commands (i.e. height, GPS mode). It cannot be deactivated.
If you want to flip your Hummingbird, you must use "Direct Individual Motor Commands" or "Direct Motor Commands". With these control modes, the motors will not turn off when the Hummingbird is tilted more than 90°. This of course also means you need to implement your own controller and command the motors accordingly.

Cheers,
Andre
Andre Ryll
AscTec Application Engineer