Transmitting and receiving data from the humming bird using Xbee

Transmitting and receiving data from the humming bird using Xbee

Mujtaba
Hi,

We are working to transmit and receive data from Asctec Humming bird research pilot.The manual given by the company has lot of mistakes. We are having hard time in implementing it. We are trying to implement the command software and retrieving the the on board sensor data details like roll, pitch, yaw etc using matlab. Can any body guide us to download or is kind enough to share their C or matlab code to do the above mentioned tasks with us? We would be very grateful if we can help any sort of help in this matter,

Re: Transmitting and receiving data from the humming bird using Xbee

Bill Morris
Administrator
On Fri, 2011-03-11 at 13:47 -0800, Mujtaba [via asctec-users] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are working to transmit and receive data from Asctec Humming bird
> research pilot.The manual given by the company has lot of mistakes. We
> are having hard time in implementing it. We are trying to implement
> the command software and retrieving the the on board sensor data
> details like roll, pitch, yaw etc using matlab. Can any body guide us
> to download or is kind enough to share their C or matlab code to do
> the above mentioned tasks with us? We would be very grateful if we can
> help any sort of help in this matter,

We have a bunch of information on the wiki that should apply.
http://robotics.ccny.cuny.edu/wiki/AscTec

I would make sure that you have a ResearchPilot and not an AutoPilot.
If you have an AutoPilot all of the code in our ROS repository has been
tested with the Hummindbird as well as the Pelican.
http://www.ros.org/wiki/Robots/AscTec

Hope this help.

Re: Transmitting and receiving data from the humming bird using Xbee

Mujtaba
Yes we have a humming bird with research pilot on it.

Re: Transmitting and receiving data from the humming bird using Xbee

wmjasi
Hi Mujtaba,
I am a new user of AscTec Hummingbird with Autopilot. and I've the same problem. If you solved it , please can you share the code.
cheers
Wesam