Vision Control with Pelican

Stefan
Hello everyone,

I am trying to develop a vision control algorithm for the pelican and wanted to ask if anyone here has been able to do that successfully. What development tools did you use for this? It seems like there are a lot of different ways to approach this (ethzasl packages, SDK/ACI, Simulink toolbox, etc.) and after playing around with these tools its still unclear which is the most appropriate way to proceed. Thanks for your help.

Re: Vision Control with Pelican

andre@asctec
I would recommend to go for ROS and the ETHZ packages. They guys there really have a lot of experience in that area. Although I have personally not setup any vision control algorithm yet, that is the way I would try it first.
Andre Ryll
AscTec Application Engineer

Re: Vision Control with Pelican

Ping Li
I have managed to control the Pelican using a visual inertial fusion (VIF) algorithm, based on the asctec_mav_framework. the VIF algorithm estimates the 3D metric speed and distance to the ground, then you can control the horizontal speed and height using PID controller. I also recommend having a look at the ETH's work. They have done some amazing work in this area.