Xbee Simulink communication problem with Hummingbird

Xbee Simulink communication problem with Hummingbird

firiondel
Hi guys,

I am trying to receive the data from the Hummingbird through the UART_communication Simulink model.
So, I have been doing everything as in manuals - I have recompiled s-functions, I have programmed USB-Xbee with MProg, and I have FTDI drivers. The baudrate is set to 57600. Even both modules are found by XCTU, and channels are set properly.
When I am running simulation, only the transmiting (the right one) diode is blinking, but I am not receiving anything back. Also, no diode is flashing on the quadrotor's xbee module. Right now, the HLP is flashed with the example Simulink controller, but it was not working after updating firmware either. I have tried it on all USB ports and two computers.
Generally, I am running out of the ideas what can be wrong or what should be checked, and I couldn't find anyone with similar problem so far.

I really welcome any tips or advise.

Thank you.

Re: Xbee Simulink communication problem with Hummingbird

userhummingbird
Hi firion,
Check if your Xbee module is connected to HLP. If the Xbee is fixed, probably you will have to cut the cable tie to arrive to the HL serial 0. Be careful because the long cable that Asctec provides has only 4 wires, not 5.