asctec_hl_interface: cannot launch/locate hl_node

asctec_hl_interface: cannot launch/locate hl_node

Daniel
Hello community,

I have to implement the sFly framework on an AscTec Pelican platform with the atomboard. Therefore I use the provided tutorial in http://wiki.ros.org/ethzasl_sensor_fusion/Tutorials/sfly_framework.
All necessary steps are taken:

- HLP and LLP update to 2012 firmware
- HLP flash with provided main.hex from asctec_hl_firmware
- installation of asctec_mav_framework, ethzasl_sensor_fusion, ethzasl_ptam and building on atomboard; successfully
- connect the serial port from atomboard (/dev/ttyUSB0) with serial port of HLP (HL serial 0)

Also, I edited the parameter files as shown in the tutorial. Ptam and sensor_fusion launches correct, but when I try to start fcu.launch from asctec_hl_interface, following error occurs:

started roslaunch server http://asctec-atom:49035/

SUMMARY
========

CLEAR PARAMETERS
 * /fcu/

PARAMETERS
 * /fcu/battery_warning
 * /fcu/baudrate
 * /fcu/frame_id
 * /fcu/max_velocity_xy
 * /fcu/max_velocity_z
 * /fcu/packet_rate_ekf_state
 * /fcu/packet_rate_gps
 * /fcu/packet_rate_imu
 * /fcu/packet_rate_mag
 * /fcu/packet_rate_rc
 * /fcu/packet_rate_ssdk_debug
 * /fcu/position_control
 * /fcu/serial_port
 * /fcu/ssdk/omega_0_xy
 * /fcu/ssdk/omega_0_z
 * /fcu/ssdk/p16
 * /fcu/ssdk/p17
 * /fcu/ssdk/p18
 * /fcu/ssdk/p20
 * /fcu/ssdk/p21
 * /fcu/ssdk/p22
 * /fcu/ssdk/p23
 * /fcu/ssdk/p24
 * /fcu/ssdk/p35
 * /fcu/ssdk/p36
 * /fcu/ssdk/p37
 * /fcu/ssdk/p38
 * /fcu/ssdk/p39
 * /fcu/ssdk/p40
 * /fcu/ssdk/p41
 * /fcu/ssdk/p42
 * /fcu/ssdk/p43
 * /fcu/ssdk/p45
 * /fcu/ssdk/p46
 * /fcu/ssdk/p48
 * /fcu/ssdk/p49
 * /fcu/ssdk/p9
 * /fcu/ssdk/tf_ref_frame_id
 * /fcu/ssdk/tf_tracked_frame_id
 * /fcu/ssdk/zeta_xy
 * /fcu/ssdk/zeta_z
 * /fcu/state_estimation
 * /rosdistro
 * /rosversion

NODES
  /
    fcu (asctec_hl_interface/hl_node)

auto-starting new master
process[master]: started with pid [3856]
ROS_MASTER_URI=http://localhost:11311

setting /run_id to 96e3a268-c3bd-11e3-8aa1-000e8e2c4f53
process[rosout-1]: started with pid [3869]
started core service [/rosout]
ERROR: cannot launch node of type [asctec_hl_interface/hl_node]: can't locate node [hl_node] in package [asctec_hl_interface]

I tried to re-build the asctec_mav_framework, but same error occurs.
Here my parameters in fcu_parameters.yaml:

serial_port:            /dev/ttyUSB0
baudrate:               460800
frame_id: fcu
packet_rate_imu:        50.0
packet_rate_rc:         5.0
packet_rate_gps:        10.0
packet_rate_ssdk_debug: 20.0
packet_rate_ekf_state:  100.0
packet_rate_mag: 100.0
max_velocity_xy:        2.0
max_velocity_z:         2.0

state_estimation:       HighLevel_EKF
position_control:       HighLevel

battery_warning: 10.8

Anybody with any suggestions?

Thanks and greetings,
Daniel

NAML<
http://asctec-users.986163.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: asctec_hl_interface: cannot launch/locate hl_node

Daniel
Thank you for the fast reply.

I used catkin_make to build the asctec_mav_framework package and it throws no errors. Complete with 100%.
Also, asctec_mav_framework is in my ROS_PACKAGE_PATH. 'roscd asctec_hl_interface' works, but with 'rosrun asctec_hl_interface hl_node' I got this error:

[rosrun] Couldn't find executable named hl_node below ~/asctec_mav_framework/src/asctec_hl_interface

It seems like an error while compiling, but there was non.

Re: asctec_hl_interface: cannot launch/locate hl_node

rocklinsuv
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

I checked, and there is neither hl_node nor an "bin" folder in asctec_hl_interface. That's curious. There were no error outputs while building.
Any idea how this happens?

Catkin builds out of source, you should find it in catkin_ws/devel/lib/asctec_hl_interface. You can find the long info on the file system structure here: http://www.ros.org/reps/rep-0128.html

From: "Daniel [via asctec-users]" <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
Date: Wednesday 16 April 2014 10:51
To: Markus Achtelik <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
Subject: Re: asctec_hl_interface: cannot launch/locate hl_node

NAML<
http://asctec-users.986163.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: asctec_hl_interface: cannot launch/locate hl_node

Daniel
That was the solution. I changed the path to the binaries and now it works.

Thanks a lot.

Re: asctec_hl_interface: cannot launch/locate hl_node

MarkusAchtelik
It's weird that you had to do that. Did you source your catkin_ws/devel/setup.bash after compiling? That should do everything necessary.