asctec_mav_framework with odroid

Christoph-UNM
Hi I wanted to ask if somebody tried to use the odroid as an onboard computer?

I got everything set up but if I launch the fcu.launch there is a connection error.

Christoph

Re: asctec_mav_framework with odroid

djanthony
I have been using an Odroid XU3 with a FireFly, but have not used asctec_mav_framework with it. I connected the Odroid to the high level and low level processors using FTDI USB to serial adapters and haven't had any connection problems.

Dave

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 2:35 PM, Christoph-UNM [via asctec-users] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi I wanted to ask if somebody tried to use the odroid as an onboard computer?

I got everything set up but if I launch the fcu.launch there is a connection error.

Christoph

http://asctec-users.986163.n3.nabble.com/asctec-mav-framework-with-odroid-tp4024909.html
To start a new topic under asctec-users, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from asctec-users, click here.
NAML

Re: asctec_mav_framework with odroid

Christoph-UNM
would this cable do it?

http://www.amazon.com/SparkFun-FTDI-Cable-5V/dp/B00DJBNDHE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1454540138&sr=8-3&keywords=ftdi+usb+sparkfun

Also when I connect the cable to the HLO on the highlevel controller do I have to connect CTS to ground?

thanks

Christoph

Re: asctec_mav_framework with odroid

djanthony
I used adapters that use 3.3V signals, since the documentation at http://wiki.asctec.de/display/AR/Pinout+and+Connections indicates they are 3.3V logic levels. I used the this adapter: http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/TTL-232R-3V3-PCB/768-1018-ND/1836396. I think this is the same chip that the 3.3V version of the cable you linked uses. I reused the wiring harness that came with our vehicle that has a jumper wire between the CTS and ground connectors, and soldered the RX/TX lines directly to my adapters.

Dave

http://asctec-users.986163.n3.nabble.com/asctec-mav-framework-with-odroid-tp4024909p4024913.html