autopilot control UNI software can't communicate with LLP serial 0

autopilot control UNI software can't communicate with LLP serial 0

_madcc
hi all,
I try to use the AscTec_AutoPilot_Control_UNI_V1.70.exe to communicate with Pelican LLP serial 0, but I can't
get any message return,
I have been used the logic analyzer ,and see the PC transmit the right stream: >*>p 0345
while serial RX signal didn't change at all.
I also tried the HLP serial 0,still the same problem;
does anyone have suggestions ? (my Pelican can fly manually well)
for some reason,I don't have the AscTec USB module, so I use a common USB-TTL serial module,which only have 4 pins: TX RX 3V3 GND, so I can't connect the CTS signal, I read the wiki and it says "Flow control: "Hardware" for XBee, "None" for USB cable adapter", so I think not connecting the CTS is ok,am I right?
Thank you!

Re: autopilot control UNI software can't communicate with LLP serial 0

_madcc
well,I find that the CTS may need to be connected to GND from the wiki,I tried,then I can get number from the logic analyzer ,while the autopilot control UNI software still can't communicate with LLP serial 0;
so lucky today!

Re: autopilot control UNI software can't communicate with LLP serial 0

andre@asctec
It is correct, that you need to connect CTS to ground if you are not using it. In that case the flow control is "None".
Unfortunately, the AutoPilot Control Software requires a working CTS connection. I just checked that with an AscTec USB Adapter where I connected CTS to ground. That does NOT work.

If your serial adapter uses the well known FTDI FT232 chip, there should be an option to connect a CTS line. Alternatively, you may also connect the XBee to the LLP and establish a connection to the UAV via the XBee USB module attached to your PC.
Andre Ryll
AscTec Application Engineer

Re: autopilot control UNI software can't communicate with LLP serial 0

_madcc
Thank you!
today,I change to use a CH340 USB to TTL serial module,and it works(with CTS connected to GND)! the AutoPilot Control Software get the message from Pelican.