mastermind can't start up !

madcc
hi all
because of some reasons,the pelican with mastermind falls off straightly from about 3 meter. then when I plug power into mastermind ,and press the start up button, the LCD turns green,display some string like "mastermind ..." "booting system",but suddenly LCD turns blue,and show "power off", and shut down.
I tried several times,still can't startup.
can you help me ? what I can do?
thank you !

Re: mastermind can't start up !

madcc
I have detached the mastermind from Pelican ,but I got no result.
the fan didn't spin when start up.
Any idea?
any help will be appreciate,please...

Re: mastermind can't start up !

madcc
the fan didn't spin, it seems the two board of mastermind didn't connect well, I guess.
where to measure or how to diagnose the problem ?
thank you !

Re: mastermind can't start up !

andre@asctec
Hi madcc,

from time to time the backup battery of the Mastermind gets empty and the strangest things start to happen. To check if this is the case, you may replace this battery on your own.
It is located directly behind the network connection of the Mastermind, it is a small coin battery, approx. 2mm in height and 8mm in diamter. There is a model marking printed on the battery. You should find a replacement in every local electronics store.
Simply push out the empty battery and slide in a new one. Then check if the Mastermind is back working.

If this is not the case, please contact team@asctec.de for further support and repair.

Cheers,
Andre
Andre Ryll
AscTec Application Engineer

Re: mastermind can't start up !

_madcc
hi andre,
I find this link:
http://wiki.asctec.de/display/AR/Onboard+Computer+FAQ#OnboardComputerFAQ-Q:TheAscTecAtomboarddoesnotstart-isitbroken?

and I have replaced the battery with a new CR1025 battery. this time the fan can spin just after the LCD show "Booting System " and the show "Power Off", so the mastermind still cann't start up.
any more idea? please.

Re: mastermind can't start up !

andre@asctec
In this case it looks like you need to send your Mastermind back for a repair. Please contact us at team@asctec.de and describe the behaviour in a few sentences. Also add your customer number and the purchase date of the Mastermind. We will then handle the repair.

Best regards